per page
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Set Ascending Direction

Pressure! ... by Michael Blacow

15 Apr 2019 18:35:13

My story in bodybuilding started in 2010 when I went to see a bodybuilding show and I was inspired! I went with my Dad and his best mate (my training coach).

“I want to be up there! I want to do that” I said, to my Dads response:
“You’ll never do that!, you haven’t got the commitment to do it and you can’t live the life style like they do!” 

So that was it, did he say it because he didn’t believe in me or to give me something to hold on to? I still don’t know. 

Read More
Posted in Blog By admin admin

Goal Setting With Sara Bradley

20 Mar 2019 09:16:38

Definition of goal setting: Experts define goal setting as the act of selecting a target or objective you wish to achieve (Munson & Consolvo 2012).

Read More

Bullying

12 Mar 2019 14:33:24

The force of the blow sent Sam staggering backwards over his bike. He hit the ground with a thud and the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth. He could hear the 3 boys who’d jumped him laughing as they rode off. Sam desperately tried to hold it together but he could feel his bottom lip quiver while his eyes filled with tears. He picked himself up, dusted himself down and slowly trudged home.

Read More

Bodybuilding – No half measures

4 Mar 2019 10:01:08

If you’re getting into bodybuilding because you want to be rich and earn a shit ton of money, I can tell you now you’re in the wrong sport. Very few make it to the top and even fewer make a living solely from bodybuilding. But what bodybuilding can give you is a skill-set that can be transferred to every day life; for me bodybuilding can teach self-discipline, self motivation, consistency, patience (it takes years to build a stage ready physique) and above all it will teach hard work.

Read More

There's a reason those classic bodybuilding photos inspire you to keep cranking out reps: Everything they did in the gym worked! If an exercise was effective for building muscle 20, 30, even 40 years ago…chances are it'll build muscle now.

I'm not saying you have to abandon all your new-fangled gym gadgets or fancy corrective exercises…but if going back to basics can help you realize your full muscle-building potential, then why not give these old-school exercises a try? This workout might be exactly what you need to get your back gains back on track!

Read More

GROWING - by Anita Tryc

7 Feb 2019 10:57:39

I tend to write about things that I notice or hear in my own gym, from my friends or I see people saying /complaining about online… this is another one.

“I am going to gym same amount of times like you in a week, sometimes more and I seem not to grow or getting stronger same as you, you must be using something… tell me what it is.“

And...

“Anita, why do you lift so heavy every single session? You should go one week heavy one week light...“

Read More

Some of the weights lifted during my past years battle with physics and the law of gravity;480lb benchpresses, 660lb deadlifts, 1650lb leg presses, 330lb shoulder presses....but how does the body hoist iron from a physiological viewpoint? Buckle up kids, sip your Tactical Whey and have some science bombs ...

Read More

Coping With Body Shamers

18 Jan 2019 14:53:51

One thing that I never thought about when I got into bodybuilding was how it would affect some people who don’t have any interest in going to the gym and looking after their health. It did cross my mind that as we get older the benefits of my training would start to show as compared to my friends that didn’t.

Read More

My Approach to Off Season

8 Jan 2019 13:35:19

The competition season is now well and truly over and most of us have transitioned into our off season. The off-season is where physiques are really made, not the 3-4 months it takes to get stage ready. It takes years to improve and build hard dense muscle.

Read More

BODYBUILDING : THE DEFINITION

21 Dec 2018 14:06:12

“The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity”.

“An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind”.

If you look for these definitions in the Oxford Dictionary you will not find them under Bodybuilding, you will find them under Obsession and Addiction. The following blog is about my experience over the past months competing and my current lifestyle thereafter.

Read More

Items 1 to 10 of 27 total

per page
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Set Ascending Direction

FREE UK SHIPPING OVER £50